Sam McCullough, BCom LLB, TEP, Solicitor, is a Senior Associate at Simmons Wolfhagen Lawyers, Hobart.
Sam offers specialist advice to clients and legal practitioners on the making of Statutory Will applications in all States and Territories, including:
- Advice on selecting an appropriate person to act as applicant
- Preparation of supporting affidavits
- Gathering medical evidence
- Advice on the procedure involved in seeking a Statutory Will
- Drafting the proposed will, including complex wills for tax-planning and other estate-planning purposes
- Briefing counsel, where required
Sam completed a combined degree in Commerce and Law at the University of Tasmania in 2002. He was admitted to practice as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria in 2003.
He is a member of the Law Society of Tasmania, Elder Law and Succession Committee, and the representative of that committee on the National Elder Law & Succession Committee.
He is an Associate of the Tax Institute.
He has contributed to the Journal of the Law Society of Tasmania, and has a keen interest in law reform in his areas of practice.
He is a regular presenter to the public and other professionals on estate planning issues, including at national conferences.
Sam’s practice includes developing and implementing effective estate planning strategies for private clients, and advising people involved in estate disputes: this includes executors, beneficiaries and potential beneficiaries seeking a share of an estate.