Richard Williams and Sam McCullough are authors of Statutory Will Applications: A Practical Guide, published by LexisNexis Butterworths. This is the only practitioners’ text in Australia dedicated to this fast expanding new area of legal practice.
The text provides a comprehensive commentary that covers:
- The development of the Statutory Wills jurisdiction in Australia
- The statutory framework, in all States and Territories
- The situations in which a Statutory Will may be required
- Acting for the applicant – the steps involved
- Acting for other interested persons
- The inter-relationship between Statutory Wills and family provision
- A comprehensive review of case law in all States and Territories
- Extracts from the relevant legislation and procedural rules
- Case studies
The book provides practical assistance not only to lawyers but also to accountants and financial planners advising private clients in relation to estate planning and tax planning.
It is available from LexisNexis in hard copy and eBook format, RRP $135. Buy Now
The book has been welcomed by leading experts in succession law and elder law: